So here it is, 10 days into 2014, and I realized I haven’t posted anything here since October of last year after getting a free moment to actually explore. I am glad the holidays are finally over; I have been going nonstop since mid-October of last year. Time to relax and enjoy BOTH lives for a while.
The first post on this blog for this New Year is an appropriate one. I am going to do Strawberry Singh’s New Year’s meme. I enjoy doing her challenges; they are a lot of fun, plus stimulate my creativity.
The Rules: “Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the following question and answers, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments.”
- How did you spend New Year’s Eve? I spent this New Years at home with family and friends. My parents had been here since before Thanksgiving, so it was nice to be able to ring in a New Year with them for a change.
- Did you keep any new years’ resolutions? This past year, I did keep one of my BIGGEST resolutions. It was to work a little less and enjoy life and family a lot more. I didn’t do it perfectly; I did accomplish it better than most people thought I would be able to.
- What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? My biggest achievement of 2013 was finally dealing with a few demons… ptsd demons… things that used to cause me to not sleep as they would replay over and over in my dreams as if they were real again.
- What was the best thing you bought? RL – Hoover floor mate…. Sure it was a replacement for an older one, but it makes my life SO MUCH EASIER! SL – I would have to say it was my Lola’s tangos AND my slink finger nails… I feel pretty… Oh so pretty…
- What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish that I would have said “no” more often to people who wanted more then I can give, especially when they tried to force me into doing something that I really didn’t have time or the energy to do; or that was not good for me in the long run.
- What do you wish you’d done less of? Believing people just because I thought they were worth caring about. 2013 was a horrible year for me, I am glad it’s over… turning the page and writing a new, happier chapter to my book of life this year.
- What was your favorite movie you watched this year? Favorite movie for 2013 was The Hobbit – The Desolation of Smaug. (Anyone who knows me had to see that one coming… :P)
- What did you do on your birthday this year? I celebrated my birthday a few times this year. My SL family threw me a birthday party; I had a birthday party with RL friends and family on my actual birthday, and had another birthday party with some of my other RL friends.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned? Sometimes you can love too much that it becomes unhealthy, and you have to make sure the love, respect and trust you give to someone is well placed.
- What does 2014 hold for you? I don’t know what the New Year will hold for me yet. I know what I am hopeful about, healthy, happiness, love, and accomplishment. I have a lot of goals for this year.
While 2013 was horrid, there were some good things that occured. New grand child real life, 2 new daughters and a bunch of grand kids in SL. I guess when you look at the important things like that, the year isn’t as bad as it seemed. With that, I am leaving you with a gallery of images of some of the good things about 2013.